Monday, October 20, 2008

Where I'm At

What has been the most challenging aspect of the course so far?
The most challenging aspect of this course so far for me would have to be leaving my perfectionist ways and trying to finish paintings in a timely manner. Also what has been challenging to me in the actual act of painting would have to be getting the right color for certain objects.

In what areas have you progressed the most and how have you progressed?
I've progressed with the color mixing part of painting and this has happened with experience because at the beginning of this course i knew nothing about oil paintings and now i feel like i have acclimated myself with a lot of the aspects of painting including color mixing

How does looking at examples of painting from throughout history affect us as painters today?
It gives the painters of today new ways to look at certain objects or subjects and maybe gives them new ideas for how to paint objects or subjects

No comments: